The LATCH Team will be holding a number of Community Ambassador Events across Wales during May and June.
The first two confirmed events are set to take place at 6.30pm at Ferryside Yacht Club on Friday 11th May and at 6.30pm at the Premier Inn, Cardiff North on Wednesday 13th June.
The events aim to inform our valued supporters about the work of LATCH, with updates on the recent past, present and future of our vital support services for children with cancer and leukaemia as well as their families.
As many of our supporters already know, LATCH does not employ professional fundraisers and relies entirely on the generosity of our supporters, family and friends of patients and local community organisations and businesses to raise funds on our behalf. For this reason, and in order to effectively promote the work of LATCH to local communities across Wales, we require a healthy base of active volunteers to help us to undertake our work.
Community Ambassadors can give as much or as little time as they wish, and roles include but aren’t limited to:
- Representing LATCH at local fundraising events in your community, receiving cheque presentations and giving acceptance speeches.
- Feeding any local stories to the local press and to the LATCH office to be used in the LATCH e-Newsletter and LATCH website.
- Giving presentations about the work of LATCH to groups and organisations interested in fundraising for LATCH.
- Managing and distributing LATCH promotional items and merchandise for your local area.
- Distributing and collecting collection boxes upon request to local pubs, clubs, shops and workplaces.
LATCH Community Ambassadors may want to organise their own fundraising activities but this is not a requirement of the role.
There are a wealth of benefits, such as being a valued member of the LATCH team such as get-togethers, work experience and, of course, the knowledge that you are helping LATCH to continue to operate for many years to come.
If you’d be interested in attending one of the Community Ambassador events then please let us know by emailing Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the LATCH Office on 029 2074 8868.
We look forward to seeing you there!