LATCH would like to give a big LATCH Thank You to all the hundreds of people who raise money for LATCH each year. Without your support, LATCH would not be able to continue its invaluable work supporting children in Wales receiving treatment for cancer and leukaemia and their families. We also like to thank our fundraisers on Twitter and Facebook so please let us know if you’d like to be featured!
Haven’t they done well!
Here is a snapshot of what people have been up to:
- A Big LATCH Thank You to the friends and family of Ben Cooper who are organising events up and down the country under the banner of #TeamBen
- Lauri Cowdell who has taken part in the Cardiff Half Marathon and, along with friends, arranged DEVAfest in memory of Eva Bevan.
- Russell Edmunds from Caesar Jones, Cardiff, organised a raffle which raised an incredible £800, along with a bumper collection of toys for children on Rainbow Ward.
- Ken O’Leary has been fundraising for LATCH for a number of years now, and most recently raised £1,065 at the Cardiff Half Marathon. Thank you so much for all your hard work, Ken!
- Linda Lewis recently held a Charity Night in aid of LATCH at the Badminton Club in Beaufort, Blaenau Gwent which raised an incredible £1,966 before holding a bucket collection at Ebbw Vale Rugby Club which raised a further £473.
- Anthony Roach-Blackwell, went one step further and took part in a sponsored head shave as soon as he’d crossed the finishing line of the Cardiff Half Marathon and he’s on course to raising over £1,000!
- Plump Cakes recently held a Charity Bake Off with categories including traditional cakes, decorated cakes and children’s cakes raising £154!
- Skye Edgecombe continues to do us proud with her outstanding fundraising efforts. She recently took part in the Swansea 1K despite still undergoing treatment.
- Bar Foods and Print Centre Cardiff are just two companies who have recently named LATCH as their Charity Partners, making a significant contribution through ongoing fundraising endeavours!
- Sami Wedlake ticked an item off her bucket list by taking part in a Great Wall of China Trek, raising £2135 for LATCH in the process!
- LATCH Pengam Green donated a huge bounty of toys to LATCH recently which we’ve been sharing amongst the children we’re currently supporting.
- Korri James, who we helped support as a child, paid us a visit to hand over a cheque for £175 which she raised after taking part in the #RaceforLife.
- Bethan Edwards and her friend Charlotte organised a fundraising Pen y Fan walk back in June before putting on a band night on the 29th July.
The event featured a kids’ disco and a local band and was supported by members of the local community who helped raise over £900.
- 37 cyclists of all ages took part in Risca Riders’ Cwmcarn scenic drive cycling trails event before heading to the local pub, The Prince Of Wales, for a BBQ, entertainment and a raffle with some great prizes donated by local people and businesses.
The event raised £1794.51 which is an extraordinary total collected in one day. Thank you to Gareth and his family and friends for their outstanding fundraising.
- Three like-minded friends, Anna, Marie and Chris recently put their heads together to try to raise money for vital services for cancer sufferers and devised Rock & Raise 17, a night of outstanding music featuring Rhydian Bowen Phillips, The Word and many more talented Welsh artists.
The night went down a storm and raised an absolutely incredible £6,750 which has been shared between LATCH and Velindre Cancer Centre Fundraising.