LATCH would like to give a big LATCH Thank You to all the hundreds of people who raise money for LATCH each year. Without your support, LATCH would not be able to continue its invaluable work supporting children in Wales receiving treatment for cancer and leukaemia and their families. We also like to thank our fundraisers on Twitter and Facebook so please let us know if you’d like to be featured!
Haven’t they done well!
Here is a snapshot of what people have been up to:
- A Big LATCH Thank You to the staff at Lloyds Banking Group at St William House for your donation of £60.50 from the collection box
- April Dally kick started her year by completing the Merthyr Half Marathon and raising £488.75.
- Lyndsey Edwards raised an incredible £2880.14 after shaving her head.
- Pupils from Eastern High School held a competition during Easter to see which ‘colour’ house could raise the most for LATCH – they all did so well and raised a total of £136.07!
- A Pyjama Day and Guess the Teacher was held at Llanharan Primary School and £222 was raised by the staff and pupils.
- David Cullen completed the World Half Marathon Championships in Cardiff and raised a total of £539.00 for LATCH
- The sale of Harriet Devonald’s book ‘Your Magic Hospital’ raised a total of £1670.75 – that is a fantastic achievement.
- The Llancarfan Fundraisers raised £1000 for LATCH from various fundraising activities and presented the cheque to Trustee Lyn Howell whilst hosting an afternoon tea!
- Members of Y B Fat Slimming Club in Swansea raised £200 from a raffle that they held.
- Pupils of Rhiwbeina Primary School presented LATCH with a cheque for £110 which they raised from making and selling Easter Chicks in their sewing club.
- Louise Beddows raised £440.47 from asking for donations to LATCH in lieu of 30th birthday gifts – many happy returns Louise.
- The Cadwgan Inn in Aberaeron has raised £290 which is the proceeds from the charity quiz nights held at the pub.
- Iceland Stores in Canton raised a wonderful £760.14 from various fundraising activities held at the store.
- Julian Davies raised an incredible £3663 from a suprise party/charity night held at Tondu Cricket Club – by all accounts he kept it a surprise right up until the night!
- Members of the ‘Wednesday Morning Coffee Group’ that gather at St Mary’s Church Hall, New Inn raised £50.
- Thank you K&C Construction for the donation of £70 which is from the proceeds of purchasing from the snack box for 50 pence.
- The residents of Llwynon, Crynant raised £2055 and they were delighted when LATCH volunteer, Marlene attended a presentation award ceremony to thank them.