LATCH continues to fund two Clinical Psychologists, Zoe and Michelle, who help families cope with some of the complex issues faced during cancer and leukaemia treatment and beyond.
A patient, sibling or parent can come and see the Clinical Psychologist for many reasons including:
- Worries about the patient’s health, development or prognosis
- Difficulties in adjusting to the illness and then returning to a “normal life” after treatment
- Coping with medical procedures and treatment
- Helping children and young people cope with pain
- Emotional difficulties
- Concerns about the behaviour of a child
- Social and family relationships
- Problems in school during or following cancer treatment
LATCH produces a monthly e-Newsletter which contains exciting updates on our work supporting children and their families across Wales. If you would like to receive the new LATCH e-Newsletter directly into your mailbox, simply click the sign-up button!