A to Z of fundraising ideas
Here are some fundraising ideas, ranging from the traditional to the bizarre, from simple to organise to a bit more involved. So whether you’re a school, a community group, a business, a family or an individual there’s something here for everyone.
- Anniversary Celebrations
- Celebrate a birthday or anniversary and instead of presents and cards, ask for a donation for LATCH
- These events can be a huge success, but remember to plan for upfront costs.
- Mills and Boom, thrillers, classics or modern day chic lit – collect unwanted books and set up a book stall at your local school, workplace or community event.
- From classical to rock, ask local musicians to perform at your local venue.
- Carboot Sale
- The modern day jumble sale – hire a school playground or field, sell pitches and either charge an entry fee or ask sellers to donate a percentage of profits.
- Coffee Morning
- Invite over friends and neighbours for coffee and cakes
- Collection Boxes
- Available from the LATCH Office these can be placed in your local pubs, clubs and shops.
- Dress down day
- Leave your school uniform or office attire at home for the day and pay for the privilege of wearing what you want.
- Dinner Party
- Are you a budding Jamie Oliver or Gordon Ramsey? Hold a fancy dinner party and charge for the food and wine!
- Persuade local artists, photographers and craft groups to exhibit their work and donate pieces to sell for LATCH.
- Sell on-line and donate a percentage of your profits to LATCH. (Coming soon)
- Fashion Show
- Get your friends to “strike a pose” and model the latest fashions and trends supplied by local boutiques or fashion students.
- Fifties night (or sixties or seventies or eighties)
- Get nostalgic with a groovy night of music and vintage fashions.
- Garden Party
- Throw open your garden and offer afternoon tea and cakes on the lawn – how civilised!
- Go-karting and golf
- Appeal to those with competitive spirit by organising a team sports event.
- Gift Aid it!
- Don’t forget that if you are a tax payer, you can instantly increase your fundraising money by 28% if you sign up for Gift Aid
- Hair Show
- Invite local salons to show off their hairdressing skills with demonstrations and advice.
- Indulge in a chocolate fountain night, cheese fondue or pudding party – anything “naughty but nice”.
- Joke telling marathon
- Have a laugh with your friends, see how many jokes you can tell in an hour
- Karaoke evening
- So what’s your karaoke anthem? Don’t forget to take the earplugs!
- Lucky Dip
- A great little fundraiser to include at events and very popular with the children. You could also include “guess the number of sweets in a jar” too.
- Dust off your running shoes and run a marathon (or a half one) on behalf of LATCH.
- New Year’s Resolution
- Make a New Year’s resolution and any money saved by doing so, donate to LATCH!
- One day fast or silence
- You’ll need discipline for this!
- Plant Sale
- Encourage your green fingered friends to grow some plants, flowers, shrubs or vegetables to sell on behalf of LATCH.
- Pamper Night
- A girlie night of massages, manicures and pedicures.
- Quiz Night
- Hands on your buzzers, test the general knowledge of your friends and families in your local pub or club.
- A well loved favourite, ask local businesses to provide prizes but check the legalities first.
- Sponsored Activity
- Challenge yourself to something different – sponsored swim to sponsored slim or sponsored bike ride to sponsored hand glide!
- Themed Events
- Anything goes! X-factor, James Bond, superheroes, cartoon characters, period drama, teddy bear’s picnic – the list is endless…
- Wine Tasting
- Can your friends tell their Chardonnay from their Chablis? Test their palettes with a wine tasting evening, hire in a professional or just get a selection from your local supermarket!
- Ouch that hurts – sponsor the men in your lives to have their legs waxed!
- Xmas Party
- Get the tinsel and mistletoe out and don’t forget to invite Father Christmas himself!
- Yacht Race
- Join a yacht crew and sail around the British Isles.
- Zodiac Party
- Hire a fortune teller and charge your friends to discover their destiny.
- All weird and wonderful ideas are welcome, just have fun and be safe!