Become a LATCH Ambassador
Please note that we are accepting Community Ambassadors from other communities – this is just as a guide.
Aim of LATCH Ambassadors
- To represent LATCH at any local fundraising events in your community and receive cheque presentations and give acceptance speeches etc
- To feed any local stories to the local press and to the LATCH office to be used in The Beacon (LATCH’s newsletter) and the LATCH website.
- To give presentations about the work of LATCH groups and organisations interested in fundraising for LATCH.
- To manage and distribute LATCH promotional items and merchandise for your local area.
- To distribute and collect collection boxes upon request to local pubs, clubs, shops and workplaces.
- To support any events organised centrally by the LATCH office or by the nearest LATCH branch.
LATCH Community Ambassadors may want to organise their own fundraising activities but this is not a requisite requirement of the role.
Flexible time commitment, approx 2/3 hours a month, requests will come in on an adhoc basis throughout the year
Place of Work
Home and various venues across your local area including schools, community groups and business venues.
Key criteria for the role
- Interest and understanding of LATCH’s work. You may have had first-hand experience of LATCH in the past or you may have connections with a family who has been looked after by LATCH.
- A good communicator, outgoing, confident and comfortable in giving presentations / talking to groups of people.
- IT skills, Microsoft Word and Powerpoint. You may have to write thank you letters on behalf of LATCH and amend presentations for certain audiences.
- Reliable, strong organisational skills and good time-keeping!
Simply get in touch for more information or to apply!